CPU Temp Monitor

Legslip 20:54 09 Sep 09

AMD Athlon CPU. Is there some software that will monitor changes to my CPU temp so that I can see if it is varying?

VoG II 21:07 09 Sep 09

This is what I use [but with a proper CPU - Intel :o) ] click here

Geeksy 21:10 09 Sep 09

Try CPUz.

click here

I use this with an intel chip but if you scroll down the page there is a list of CPUs which are compatible.

Legslip 22:09 09 Sep 09

Thans Voig but what are the THREE temperatures? T1 is @60degrees but T2 is currently @ 100degrees, although I am loading XP SVPk3. What one is the CPU?

GaT7 22:16 09 Sep 09

I use HWMonitor click here, but not sure it'll be compatible with your Athlon. G

MAT ALAN 22:34 09 Sep 09

click here
i have used this in the past, superb little prog...

Stuartli 22:39 09 Sep 09

I've used MAT ALAN's suggestion with my excellent AMD Athlon XP 3200+ for several years..:-)

Postit 00:49 10 Sep 09

I had the same initial query as Legslip and have just downloaded Speedfan.
It shows my T1 as being 49 degrees. I assume its the CPU as thats roughly what it was from the BIOS earlier today.
Whats an acceptable tempf or the CPU ? (as i've just overclocked my AMD XP2400 to run at 2200Mhz with a core V of 1.8 i'm keen to understand this some more in case I fry the thing. It was running around 35 degrees before the OC.

thanks.

morddwyd 06:55 10 Sep 09

Check on your mobo manufacturer's website; some have their own software for this.

I know ASUS do because I use it, and it's free!

Stuartli 09:38 10 Sep 09

So is Motherboard Monitor...:-)

By the way, if you have Everest Home Edition installed, it includes CPU, hard drive and motherboard temperature readings via Computer>Sensor (plus your PSU's real time voltage output figures).

You can download it from:

click here

Postit 00:29 11 Sep 09

Downloaded PC Wizard which seems fairly good compared to a few others I've tried in the last day or so.
With my ASUS mobo having fan control enabled, is it normal that BIOS shows the temp being approx 50 but when the machine is up and running, the monitoring tools only show 25 deg (even though I think last night one tool was showing approx 50 as well).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…