Cpu temp is it normal

Colditz 20:59 25 Jan 04

I have a 2600+athlon cpu and a jetway v333u motherboard.The cpu temp when doing lots of everything is 66C and motherboard is 48C.The fan came with the cpu and i just wanted to know if this was normal.Thankyou to anyone who responds.

Gongoozler 21:02 25 Jan 04

Hi Colditz. 66C is a bit on the high side (I like to aim for nearer 50C) but well below where any damage would be done. You could add some more case cooling or use a more efficient heatsink, but if your computer is stable, then there isn't really much to worry about.

Djohn 21:09 25 Jan 04

Colditz. They do seem a little on the high side, but nothing to worry about. AMD do not give a recommended temp. for their CPU's but say. "We are quite happy for them to run in the mid 60's, but lower is better."

The max. temp for most of their CPU's is 90c and for the latest ones 100c. The best place to take the reading from is your BIOS. Do this after your PC has been idle for a while, also after running an intensive program/screen-saver or game.

The system temp. you quote can be brought down by fitting an extra extractor fan to the rear of the case. This will also help to lower your CPU temp. as well. j.

woodchip 21:23 25 Jan 04

Go into BIOS and set it to shut down at 75c

Colditz 21:24 25 Jan 04

Thankyou all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…