CPU TEMP

hotant 11:46 28 Aug 04

Hi i have a temp question and i'm using asusprobe.My temperature is 49-50c idle and surfing the net its the same.Is this temp a little high?Have reseated it twice and have used artic silver and thermal paste and there both read the same temps.I am using a vantec tornado intake fan and two outtake fans.Is it i need a better heatsink.
AMD XP 3000+
THERMATAKE SILENT BOOST
ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
LEADTEK WINFAST 5700 TD 128mb GRAPHICS CARD
CHIEFTEC DRAGON CASE(green)
ANTEC TRUE POWER 480 PSU
2 X 512 3200 DDR 400 CRUCIAL MEMORY
MAXTOR 80gb 7200 HARDDRIVE
DVD REWRITER
FLOOPY
WINDOWS XP HOME

fourjays 11:58 28 Aug 04

How many fans do you have in total?

eg: Mine has (other than CPU, GPU, and PSU), 4 fans - 2 in the front and 2 on the back. P4 2.8Ghz which is very slightly overclocked, and runs (on a cool day) at about 40'C idle or doing really simple stuff. When I run games normally goes to about 50'C, except for FS2002 which takes it all the way up to 60'C. At the moment it is running particularly hot though, as the weather is warm, so I have taken the sides off.

Also when did you ntoice it running at that temp?

hotant 12:07 28 Aug 04

I have four fans in total two in front one of which is the vantec tornado.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:38 28 Aug 04

DO NOT TAKE THE SIDES OFF!

This prevents the proper flow of air across your components and will actually increase the heat and probability of frying your CPU.

Ensure that the Air vents are clear and fans are running, if necessary remove PC from under desk or confined space and place in open area.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:42 28 Aug 04

As long as your XP3000 is not exceeding 60 for long periods there is no problem

AMD temps voltages settings etc. click here

Dorsai 12:44 28 Aug 04

The idle temp of PC's seems to vary quire a bit. All PC's are different and even two identical ones built in differens cases would probably run at different temps as the different cases will have different air flow characteristics.

My pc runs at 47-48 at idle.

One option for you could be to get temperature sensative case fans from click here
If you were to position the heat sensors for the case fans on or near the CPU heat sink, then as the CPU heats up, your case fans will speed up.

i have the AF92CT (from them) and it is nice and quiet, even though i did not get any of the anti-noise mouting options.

Stuartli 13:41 28 Aug 04

Guide to various maximum CPU temperatures:

click here

My PentiumIII 550 was running at about 35-37 degrees C (from about 26 degrees C on bootup) and it seemed rather high. So I worked on getting a better air flow through the case and brought it down to 35 degrees C.

Then after reading the above website info, I realised my CPU's temperature level was pretty good...:-)

Irishman 14:19 28 Aug 04

According to MBM5 my XP2000 cpu socket temp is 58 Celsius. I have the alarm set to go off at 70 and have seen it go as high as 90 with a very strong smell of burning plastic. The cpu diode temp is 37. I have never worked out which one is the temp I should worry about so consequently I don't worry about it at all!

hotant 16:16 28 Aug 04

Think the problem is lack of air blowing to the top end of the.The intake fan is at the bottom front,anyone got any ideas on how to get cool air to the top thanks

_plAsma 16:23 28 Aug 04

dont know the name for them but....

...ive seen these 'things' around lol which are like tubes which lead from a case fan directly to your processor so it has airflow directly to it through a tube :/

Dorsai 23:30 28 Aug 04

Dont know what to suggest for PC's, but for a car you can get corogated aluminum air hoze. could this be used to direct the air from a fan onto the bit you wanted to get cool air too.?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…