CPU running at 100%

cocteau48 18:45 20 May 07

First of all I apologise if I do have all of the facts here but I am trying to help out a pal ,all the info is secondhand,and I have not seen the machine myself - however:
CPU running at 100% which is traced to VM_STI.exe which is something I believe to do with his Kodak digital camera software. The camera no longer works and its relevant software has been removed from the system although it would appear the VM_STI.exe must still be there.
However ending this as the offending running process merely transfers the 100% usage to another process and ending that on to another ad infinitum.
He is on XP home/SP2 and has full Norton security suite but I believe he has no antispyware apart from that provided by AOL and by Norton.
I have already pointed him in the direction of Adaware/Spybot/Superantispyware/a squared etc. and also to try and establish if he has a system restore point prior to the problem starting.
Could something more sinister be wrong here?
Any help will be gratefully passed on.

SANTOS7 19:04 20 May 07

click here

This may help...

cocteau48 19:41 20 May 07

Many thanks SANTOS7 - I have passed it on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced