A CPU Question

Doyakkon 15:29 30 Apr 05

i currently have a AMD duron 1.30ghz on an Asus A7v8x-mx motherboard, but i do a lot of video editing and ive recently brought a new Digital capture card, which keeps crashin everytime i record because my 1.3 cpu's too slow.

so what i want to know is will a AMD 2400 sempron fit on my MB, and is it as easy as taking out the old CPU and Putting the new CPU in, will i have to start fiddling with bios settings etc? or is it just plug and go ??

Joe R 15:35 30 Apr 05

you should be able to run any socket A cpu on this board, and it should automatically recognise the cpu.

I would recommend however, you find out the multiplier and if needed, change this in the bios.

Doyakkon 16:16 30 Apr 05

sorry but whats the multiplier?

Joe R 16:50 30 Apr 05

sorry was offline for a while there.

The multiplier is a bios setting which dictates the speed of your processor. i.e. An athlon 2800 barton core runs at 2.08 Ghz, which is the front side bus of the cpu, (in this case 166), multiplied by 12.5, which should work out at 2.08

woodchip 16:53 30 Apr 05

this what you need click here

goonerbill © ® 08:47 01 May 05

heres the info you need from asus's website click here and yes you can fit sempron 2400 if your bios is the correct version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…