CPU Problem

TyphonUk 16:14 05 Nov 05

PC is 9months old, when purchased order sheet said CPU was 3.2 sempron, PC has been working without problem until I attempted to install a game and was told my CPU was just 1ghz and the game needed 1.4 to operate. This didnt seem right as games which needed more than 1.4 to operate had been working perfetly for months. A system analyser identified the processor as an AMD Athlon Xp though I was told processor was a 3.2 sempron when purchased. I have noticed the computer is slower than usual and this seemed to happen when the computer was moved when I moved house. Multiple spyware/virus scans with different programmes have found nothing and as an average PC user I am not sure what could have caused the problem.

1024 ram, Radeon9800

Any help would be great, thanks

Stuartli 16:45 05 Nov 05

Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information and check out your CPU under Hardware.

woodchip 19:03 05 Nov 05

You need to check the BIOS the Front side bus speed needs changing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…