CPU or Motherboard faulty

firerescue999 21:22 26 Dec 05

Hi I purchased a New Motherboard and CPU. I am 100% sure i fitted the items correctly. My computer has been fine for 7 days and I fitted an internal card reader to my computer, this was fitted correctly. On start up my computer crashed and now when i start the PC i get a blank screen. The cdrom doesn't work either. I am 100% sure i fitted the Card reader correctly and I applied thermal paste between the cpu and heat sink. Do you think the fault is with the motherboard or the CPU?

Cuddles 21:28 26 Dec 05

Have you tried removing the card reader then trying to start the computer?

firerescue999 21:29 26 Dec 05

Yes the card reader has been removed and still a blank screen.

Belatucadrus 21:35 26 Dec 05

Couple of thoughts

1) Did you dislodge anything when fitting the card reader ? Checking all connections & RAM seating to be sure not a bad idea.

2) Are there any beep codes on boot up, if so what.

firerescue999 21:36 26 Dec 05

No there is nothing.

firerescue999 21:39 26 Dec 05

I have checked every connection. When I start the computer I get a blank screen. The cdrom drive wont open either. I think the mobo is gone or the cpu

Belatucadrus 21:42 26 Dec 05

No post beeps would seem to indicate the MOBO has gone west, but it could also be a PSU failure. Any indicator lights showing any life ?

firerescue999 21:45 26 Dec 05

The PSU is fine. Just no display and cdrom dead

woodchip 21:49 26 Dec 05

How do you know the PSU is fine? Light's on front and fans turning does not mean it's OK. what you put above and say about no beeps tells me the PSU is duff

firerescue999 21:53 26 Dec 05

I have a spare psu. I will try fitting it

woodchip 21:54 26 Dec 05

No need to take it out just change the plugs with PSU in bottom of comp to test

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…