CPU or GPU "lag"?

Dr_Ingelbert 00:34 31 Jul 12

OK so I'm not sure if the CPU is the problem as it could be software. Basically when i used to play Battlefield 3 it all ran fine, i was running on low settings with fps above 60. I was getting bad network lag thought due to bad wireless. I have no installed home plugs so i get a nice connection now but, and i don't see how this fits, but my game now seems to suffer from CPU chokage. Iv noticed that when playing in task manager the cpu's are at around 80% and the game seems to freeze when it hits 100%. Iv tried running it on high graphics (as recommended by BF3) which i get 40fps and low and this "choking" still happens. I don't know what has suddenly changed to have this happen in the last week. Temperatures whilst playing max at 42oC.

System Information: AMD Athlon II x 4 640 3.0MhZ Artic Cooling Freezing 7 Pro Processor Fan Patriot Signature 4GB DDR3 Memory Asus GTX 550 TI 1GB GDDR5 301.42 driver Xenta 550W PSU Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Installed Physical Memory: 4GB Total Physical Memory: 4GB Avaliable: 2.21GB Total Virtual: 7.99GB Avaliable: 5.85GB Page File Space: 4GB

My BIOs is up to date. My core had been overclocked to 3.1mhz for about 3 months. I don't see why it has worked fine since January. The idle temperature seems to be slightly higher than before, for example as im writing this my temps are 30oC and all im running is google chrome. Any other information needed i will be happy to supply. Thanks Ric

Ian in Northampton 09:40 31 Jul 12

Interesting, if only because my son (see earlier post) has recently started to experience intermittent lag on Battlefield 3 - which I'm 99% certain is network lag, rather than PC lag. Who is your ISP?

lotvic 12:09 31 Jul 12

Links to Ian in Northampton's earlier posts ClickHere and also ClickHere Chronus had some suggestions to try.

Dr_Ingelbert 12:41 31 Jul 12

Thanks my Internet speed is only 1mbs but I used to play 64 only fine and I don't think it's my GPU as iv seen people using this one for ultra. I'll open the ports though because you never know, I just wonder why it has happened just this week, only thug iv changed is iv installed home plugs which has made my connection better.

Dr_Ingelbert 12:42 31 Jul 12

Some more info, when I start the game the first 10minutes are fine but then after that it's like when I spin around fast, or move quickly (putting load on my GPU as it has to process more objects) that's when it tend to shutter/freeze

Ian in Northampton 13:02 31 Jul 12

I'm just wondering if something has changed about the Battlefield 3 servers in the last week or so that's causing this. Time to do some Googling...

Dr_Ingelbert 16:41 01 Aug 12

I don't think it's the server based for my problem, BF3 actually crashed today after it started shuttering. Iv also found that on a really really low graphics game (Slender) it shudders nearly constantly, this game is like 100mb file size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…