CPU no longer running at 100%

Cripco 13:47 26 Apr 03

Sorted.

huggyg71, Murray, woodchip, WaTcHiNg, Megatyte, Offline, duplo, Ironman556, liangzi. Thank you very much and PC Advisor for providing this facility.

Playing on the safe side, I first exchanged my hard drive. Following all your advice I re-formatted. I reinstalled NT4 and no problems. I re-installed Office 97 and up went the CPU usage reading. I then re-installed MicroSoft Office’s Service Pack 1 & 2a and down came the CPU usage reading. Immediate and so very satisfying.

Replacing my original hard drive, I just uninstalled and then reinstalled both Office Service Packs and my hyperactive CPU problem just went and disappeared.

I still had to re-install Nt4 however. My computer’s encryption was set at 128 bit or higher, which I think might have caused a memory leak resulting in the blue screen when scanning. I only found this when I tried and failed to install NT4’s service pack 6a.

Fingers crossed, that will be the end of that worrying problem. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…