CPU L2 cache problem

Andy.F. 13:07 04 Nov 03

Having used AIDA32 on a computer (win98se)that tends to crash a lot it tells me " No CPU L2 cache found this may cause performance penalty"
can any of you good folks tell me what this entails please and if there's a remody. a little info. CPU type AMD K6-2, 400mhz (4x100)
motherboard chipset ALiM1541 ALADDIN5
Bios type. AMI(07/15/98)....don't know if that helps but it's info from AIDA32 which I was very gratefully directed to by you guys from a previous problem.....thankyou very much. ps. I have now downloaded the proper graphics driver for the machine and yet to install. ..Andy

MAJ 13:48 04 Nov 03

That's the same as mine, Andy.F., except mine is a 450MHz processor. It means that there is no L2 cache on the processor, which isn't as good as a processor which does have L2 cache. That in itself will not be causing your crashing problem.

The Sack 13:50 04 Nov 03

The AMD K6-2 doesnt have a level 2 cache.

The Sack 13:51 04 Nov 03

you cant beat 2 people posting at the same time can you LOL

Andy.F. 14:22 04 Nov 03

Thanks very much folks, at least that puts my mind at rest. Hopefully installing the correct graphics card driver will solve something....once again, thanks a lot...Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…