CPU FAN upgrade??

everythingsuk 13:11 05 Jan 03
  everythingsuk 13:11 05 Jan 03

I have a MEDION athlon XP 1600+ with 80 Gig HDD 256mb ddr ram, 64mb geforce 3 ti 200 and all the other bits, cdr dvd etc. It has been faultless since purchasing from pcworld a year ago, and remains so, it runs windows xp SP1 and hasnt crashed more than twice in the year and two months ive owned it, being switched on nearly everydat for a few hours.
however
the CPU/tower fan or whatever its called, has always been loud, very loud. not just the fan that kicks in after its been on a while, but just the one when you switch the PC on and it is running in the background.
i was used to an IBM thinkpad 600E which is near silent, and it came as a shock to have this noise on all the time, it almost has a throbbing sensation that my head picks up after a while.
I was wondering, is there anyway to make it quieter?
it a new quiet fan easy to install? what prices and how easy to just click in?

I want to buy a 17" TFT monitor for it, as the laptop battery has died, and i will only be using the main pc as i have given up on the laptop with its pentium II 366. Now, if i am to spend the 400 quid on a new screen, i dont want to have to live with the air conditioner that is my pc fan!!!!

I dont mind a little noise, but its just really loud and has been since new, i put music on jus to stop the PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRR
coming out of it, any help much appreciated

steve

AndySD 13:27 05 Jan 03

Ut may not be the cpu fan... it may well be the PSU fan... click here and have a look.

everythingsuk 13:30 05 Jan 03

hello? lol
pwease help

siarad 13:35 05 Jan 03

The perils of AMD. This has been done to death try a search here you'll find plenty & it'll be quicker. Sorry can't help only use cool quiet Intel

Spencus 13:38 05 Jan 03

There are a number of silent cpu fans available
try here
click here

click here

click here

AndySD 13:40 05 Jan 03

Sorry The Power Suply Unit is often the culprit click here and its fitted with $ screws.

If your sure its the processor fan then click here^4348^6678,00.html for instructions for removal and replacment.

Spencus 13:44 05 Jan 03

silent psu fans are also on the links I gave

AndySD 14:08 05 Jan 03

I will try again

If your sure its the processor fan then click here

click here for instructions for removal and replacment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…