cpu fan speed very fast

blueforever 08 Jun 11
Answered

hi could anyone help me regarding my fan and heatsink my motherboard is a as rock g31m-gs prosessor is dual amd athalon64 for thepast week hte fan has been spinning very very fast i thought i shud clean it out which i did and renewd the thermal grease hasnt made any difference as soon as i boot up it goes full pelt straight away never used to do this can anyone help thanks gary

ICF 08 Jun 11

What temps are you getting? Your motherboard has CPU Quiet Fan.Is this enabled in the bios (see page 41 of the online manual)

blueforever 08 Jun 11

temp is showing mb 26c cpu 33c cpu fan speed3924 quiet fan enabled fan speed middle sorry my prossecor is intel pentium 4 thanks for your reply

ICF 09 Jun 11

What program are you using to get the temps?

blueforever 10 Jun 11

not using any programs thats just what it said in bios thanks for your reply gary

ICF 10 Jun 11

Do you have the following things visible in the bios

"Target CPU Temperature"

"Target Fan Speed"

blueforever 10 Jun 11

target cpu temp 50c target fan speed slow

ICF 10 Jun 11

Have you tried disabling it then rebooting then enabling it again and rebooting?

blueforever 10 Jun 11

havent mate not sure how to do that do you mean disable the fan or disable something else

ICF 11 Jun 11

In the bios disable CPU Quiet Fan save settings then allow pc to boot up then reboot and change back to enabled also check Target CPU Temperature & Target Fan Speed settings the allow to boot up.

blueforever 12 Jun 11

hi did try that last night didnt make any difference wonder if new fan or heat sink is needed

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message