CPU fan speed, how low can it be set?

Sapins 16:11 08 Mar 05

I have recently installed a new motherboard bundle from Novatec, who don't answer e-mails so no joy there, and the CPU fan seems very noisy. Info from BIOS = Current System Temperature 38c, Current CPU Temperature 66c, CPU fan speed 3375rpm.

I have a fan controller installed for use with 2 case fans and it has 2 spare connections. Can I connect the CPU fan to the controller and what is the maximum temperature I can run the System and the CPU by reducing the fan speed?

CustomPcs 16:18 08 Mar 05

there is no reason why you cannot connect the 2 cpu fan controller. I currently run the Coolermaster Aero 7+, with cooper heatsink, and 2 80mm case fans. My CPU fan is running at around 1300rpm, with the case funs at around 2500rpm each. This particular setup has my system running at approx, 28c and overall system temp at around 34c with no problems at all.

Custom PC's

Sapins 16:24 08 Mar 05

I was hoping I could do this as I don't want to invalidate the warranty on the motherboard bundle.

Do you know the maximum temperature for the System and CPU? I have an Intel Pentium 4 3.0GH.

Fingees 16:29 08 Mar 05

I must say, I have used Novatech for a number of years.
I have found them very helpful, and never had trouble via Email.
There telephone tech assistance is first class,
they should be able to help with no trouble

Sapins 16:35 08 Mar 05

HI Fingees, I can get through on the phone, eventually, but living outside the UK I'm not going to pay International rates to do it. No other complaints re Novatech but this fan is driving me crackers:-(

Stuartli 16:35 08 Mar 05

One guide (slightly out of date CPU wise):

click here

My PentiumIII 550MHz Katmai Slot1 CPU runs at around 33 to 35 degrees C and the fan speed ranges from 4330 to 4450rpm.

According to the website about it can be run at up to 80-85 degrees C maximum...:-)

Other links:

click here

click here

click here

Sapins 16:41 08 Mar 05

Thanks for the links, just what I'm looking for. It looks like I am well within the maximums.

Thanks to all of you for your input,

Regards,

Sapins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…