cpu fan is not connected on the screen & beeps

tbird 22:04 04 Oct 04

a friend gave me a unit which was overheating due to (I think) a faulty cpu fan, which I replaced with a new unit, now when I try to boot up the unit it gives 1 long beeb and then a continuous beeb with the message cpu fan is not connected. Please HELP

MAJ 22:08 04 Oct 04

Find out which motherboard is installed, click here will help with that bit. Then download the motherboard's manual from the manufacturer's website and check that you're connecting the fan to the correct place on the motherboard. If you are connecting to the correct place, you might have a faulty connection on the motherboard.

tbird 22:53 04 Oct 04

it's the Jetway 663as pro

THE TERMINATOR 23:15 04 Oct 04

When next you boot-up, press the F8 key and choose LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION....TT

JonnyTub 23:18 04 Oct 04

what bios?

THE TERMINATOR 23:23 04 Oct 04

You can download a manual if you don't own one.. click here ....TT

Belatucadrus 23:55 04 Oct 04

The fact that the old fan didn't give this message makes me think it's likely to be a hardware not a software issue. Have you tried the obvious and checked that the new fan is plugged in firmly and is working. I recently changed the fan on mine and because of difficult access to the power supply socket hadn't pushed the connector all the way, I was rather surprised when a previously healthy PC not only wouldn't boot but started playing peculiar music.

tbird 20:37 07 Oct 04

I found the problen in the bios settings, I have now defeated the check on the fan and everything seems to be working fine, Thanks

obbit 20:56 07 Oct 04

i had the same problem. find which of the terminals is no.1 that u plug the heatsink fan into. this cured mine as no.1 is the one that reads the fan speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…