cpu fan easy to put in

holligan 15:10 31 Dec 03

My cpu fan makes a non stop noise if i can get a new one are they easy to fit. It has 4 screws and 2 wires AKHTER is the make.I could do with a drawing or a pic if poss to show me.

CHEERS

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:16 31 Dec 03

Yes they are easy to fit just unscrew the screws
unattach the connetor and put knew one back same way,do make sure you dont put the knew fan on backwards lol i did that once wasnt nice lol..some fans come attached to the heatsink so you need to take that off as well,again not difficult but more fiddly.

Regards.

hugh-265156 15:33 31 Dec 03

very easy to fit holligan as above make sure you have it blowing onto the heatsink and not sucking.

fan normally goes label side down towards the heatsink.if you check on the edge of the fan there should be an arrow showing direction of airflow.

dont overtighten the screws and make sure to plug it into the power on the mobo again.

Quiller. 15:52 31 Dec 03

Some videos here for cpu, heatsink and fan removal and installation. They may help, especially if you install a new heatsink and fan.

click here

Undock the player and expand for full screen.

woodchip 16:45 31 Dec 03

Have you tried remove the sticker in the middle of the fan and put one spot of 3in1 oil in the center

holligan 19:23 02 Jan 04

i will have to get a new one cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced