CPU fan

  VoG II 22:30 08 Feb 04

Where to buy a fan, preferably on line. It is 50mm x 50mm x 10mm deep and held onto the CPU/heatsink using plastic "clamps" or "lugs".

I've searched and everything seems to be 60mm x 60mm but thats probably my poor searching.

The CPU is a Pentium III (yes, I know...).

  DieSse 22:32 08 Feb 04

I know the type you mean, but I've always found you can take off the heatsnk, and user a later, larger, type, normally without problems.

  VoG II 22:38 08 Feb 04

Thanks. So that would mean buying a heatsink + fan?

  DieSse 22:39 08 Feb 04


  jessie .x..x.x 22:40 08 Feb 04

You can buy penty 3 fans and heatsinks here -

click here

trustworthy aswell.

jes xxx

  DieSse 22:46 08 Feb 04

Have a look for socket 370 coolers - they should do the job - there's several on the dabs site.

  Jester2K 07:57 09 Feb 04

50 x 50 x 10 = £7 click here

AKASA/Y.S.TECH 50 mm 3PIN Fan = £6
click here

I've replaced fans on CPUs before using the above. Just CAREFULLY undo the screws (hold the heatsink to prevent twisting it) in the four corners, remove the fan, clean the Heatsink with "canned air" and then place new fan on top, secure with the old screws, plug in, done. Less than 5 mins and you don't need to replace the heatsink or mess about with Thermal Paste etc

  VoG II 17:27 09 Feb 04

Cheers Jester2K - ordered the £7 one, no expense spared!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…