CPU in device manager

JETYS 14:18 01 Nov 05

I have an abit ic7-max3 motherbaord with intel p4 chip running XP service pack 2.

I notice that there is a duplicate entry for the CPU and wondered if this was correct, or if one could be deleted/disabled.

I have problems with the graphics card secondary not having enough resources code 12 which is why I need the extra resource.

PaulB2005 14:30 01 Nov 05

Two entries because it's "HyperThreading" - normal. click here

Zaphod Beeblebrox 14:32 01 Nov 05

if your prcessor is HT enabled that may account for dual entry as for you graphics card it sounds like an irq conflict

click here

scrool down to 12

Zaphod Beeblebrox 14:32 01 Nov 05

ooops scroll even

JETYS 15:55 01 Nov 05

Ok thanks for that, that would explain it so I will keep them.

Still tracking the main problem with the graphics card, so many references to it as well but they all say the same, download the new motherboard drivers and graphics drivers, but done this and no affect.

Taking a linear approach with the vgasave which installs as the main video driver, but that seems to be coming to the same conclusion as above.

Stuartli 16:59 01 Nov 05

Perhaps I'm missing something here but I've never had a CPU listed in Device Manager.

PaulB2005 17:02 01 Nov 05

I do under Processors. AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

JETYS 17:03 01 Nov 05

Er, perhaps it should be more correctly named processer

Zaphod Beeblebro 17:08 01 Nov 05

processors 5 from bottom just above SCSI and Raid controllers in the list

JETYS 09:04 08 Nov 05

I have at last solved the problem, but not sure how.

All I can say is that after browsing the net for many hours, it was suggested that it may be in the bios, and after fiddling with many of the settings it eventually came to life. Not sure which bios setting it was, but it works.

ATI confirmed that the secondary graphics listed in the device manager is correct.

If anyone is desperate enough I can let them know what my settings are to see if they can replicate the cure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…