CPU Cooling, P4 2Ghz Socket 478

Cams 19:26 03 Feb 03

I was wondering if there were any quiet PC gurus out there with knowledge of CPU coolers for a P4 2GHz socket 478 CPU.

I've had a look at QuietPC and read about the Zalman offerings, namely the Flower Cooler (click here) and the Ducted Cooler (click here)

A quick Google also revealed the cheaper, and apparently quieter Arctic Cooling Super Silent 4 TC (click here)

Basically I'm looking for any advice from those who are in the know about such things.

It is not my plan to overclock by the way.

And has anyone heard of the fanless heatpipe cooler?

(site in French)

click here

I look forward to your input.

Cheers,
Cams

rct 20:09 03 Feb 03

AFAIK, the stock intel coolers for the P-IV are amongst the quietest out there. I'd replace the PSU 1st and then any additional case fans before seeing (or hearing!) how much the CPU cooler bothers you.

GORAL 20:16 03 Feb 03

CAMS - can only speak of the fans I have used. Of those you mention I can recommend the Zalman Flower Cooler for a P4. Very quiet and maintains efficient low temperature cooling.

GORAL 20:17 03 Feb 03

Should have added - not cheap !

Cams 22:44 03 Feb 03

thank you for the Flower Cooler recommendation and for the PSU suggestion rct. I think what I'll do tomorrow is power up the PC with the side off and see which is the nosiest between the CPU fan and the PSU. Whichever it is is history!

Cams

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…