CPU Cooling

Tazfan 00:12 24 Jan 03
  Tazfan 00:12 24 Jan 03

Ive just ordered yet more cooling for my system. My current CPU fan is a noisy 60mm Cooler Master. The one I am now waiting for is an 80mm Akasa Quad (4 colored LEDs in it) and its super quiet. I bought a 80mm to 60mm adapter so I can fit it.

My question is this. Does a CPU fan blow air ONTO the heatsinc, or suck air AWAY from it?

I want to put the new fan on the right way obviously. Ive not checked what my current one is doing, but then again, its that weak, I wouldnt be able to feel the draught off it anyway!

As always, all answers are appreciated.

Thanks in advane T:-)

chrisaug 00:40 24 Jan 03

I think you will find that it blows air on to it as it is souly desighned to cool the processor but i don´t know for sure

pc moron 00:52 24 Jan 03

The CPU fan blows air onto the heatsink.
You can test which way the fan is blowing by using a small strip of paper.

Psiman 08:35 24 Jan 03

With the normal design of fan, air sould be blowing onto the heatsink click here

Tazfan 08:42 24 Jan 03

I DID do as search before posting, honest.

Thanks for the responses. T:-)

Psiman 09:01 24 Jan 03

Did I sound a bit offhand? Sorry, didn't mean to, but sometimes the Search can be unpredicable, hence I reposted the link from "My Postings".......:-)

psiman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…