//some 3rd party need geo

CPU choice? Help please

Grandad D 22:48 14 Aug 03

Hi. I am about to buy a Laptop as a replacement for my desktop (A very good one but takes up too much room). I have found 2 that I like. One has a Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 3Ghz processor, with SpeedStep Technology. The other has an Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz with hyper thread (whatever that is)Can anybody out there tell me the best one please. I am not bothered about battery time. The computer is used for the web, general computing and the odd game by my grandson. Thank you, Dennis

Jean-Luc Picard 23:03 14 Aug 03

The Pentium 4 processors using hyperthreading technology with an 800fsb are currently the best processors on the market. If price is not an issue I would definately go for that.

Grandad D 23:16 14 Aug 03

Don't know if it helps but a little more info. Laptop 1> 3 Ghz Pentium 4 H-T, 512 meg pc 2700/333MHz DDR,40 gig hard drive, 64 MB Nvidia GeForce Go. Laptop 2> 3 Ghz Pentium 4 Speedstep, 512 meg 266 MHz DDR, 60 gig hard drive,64 MB ATI Radion Mobility 9000.
Laptop 1 is the cheaper. Thanks, Dennis

Jean-Luc Picard 23:40 14 Aug 03

I am not to familier with mobile graphics cards but I would expect the Radeon to be superior. The Memory of Laptop 1 is slightly faster than that of Laptop 2 although you may not notice a great deal of difference. Since you are replacing a desktop the clinching factor apart from price should probably be the 50% extra Hard Disk space available from Laptop 2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…