CPU Changed?

seanquinn 17:05 23 Jan 05

On booting up to day I got an error message from the BIOS the my CPU had changed, or the "CPU ratio" had changed. The message told me to enter the BIOS SETUP and re-enter the correct CPU settings.

It is award BIOS on a Soltek motherboard, The CPU is a 2.0GHz Pentium 4 and the OS os Wondows XP SP2. Help?

seanquinn 17:07 23 Jan 05

My problem is I can't find the CPU settings in the BIOS setip and why am I having this problem anyway ?

Dan the Confused 19:28 23 Jan 05

Is your PC noisy when you boot up? This type of thing can happen if a PC needs to be cleaned.

seanquinn 13:43 24 Jan 05

A geek friend got rid of the error message by saving the BIOS settings without changing them.

I wonder if it will come back, 'cos I still don't know what caused it originally.

Dan the confused: what exactly do you mean by "cleaning the PC"? Do you mean physically dusting it out, or cleaning out the hard drive?

Dan the Confused 19:03 24 Jan 05

Glad it's sorted, probably best not to worry about it unless it happens again. If it does though it may be worth cleaning the inside of the PC, this link has lots of info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…