CPU change

loser7 19:57 02 Apr 05

For anyone that read my earlier thread i apologise for lack of info and lack of knowlege. I have put a 2.6mhz P4 celeron in a Gigabyte P4 Titan series GA-8SG800 motherboard. I do not have the motherboard manual but i checked thier site and they are compatable, but the computer will not boot up. Somebody mentioned i might have to change the bios settings but i dont know where to find out what to change them to if i that is even the problem.. Any ideas would be appreciated.

DieSse 20:21 02 Apr 05

Your 2.6 Celeron - is it a Celeron or a CeleronD - the CeleronD is the one with a 533FSB and a 256Kb cache - and won't work in this board.

loser7 20:34 02 Apr 05

Ok it is a celeron D.. Many thanks for your help and apologies for all the threads, i will get it right next time

DieSse 22:22 02 Apr 05

I tried to repost here saying "may not work" - but the current PCA troubles seem to have lost it.

The real news is I'm not quite sure becase I can't actually find this board on the Gigabyte website.

dan11 22:34 02 Apr 05

I had a quick look and could not come up with anything positive:-(

I posted this in another thread, any use?

cpu list click here

motherboard manual click here

from click here

DieSse 00:29 03 Apr 05

That's the list I couldn't find - it does confirm no support for CeleronD/Prescott type processors - so my instinct was right even though you managed to find the proof yourself. Glad it's sorted, anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…