CPU and case fan settings ( BIOS )

kane_2001 11:48 04 Jan 09

Hi all,
Ive had to take out my CMOS battery as had a major prob, PC is now running fine after setting it back up but can anyone tell me how I change the fan settings in my BIOS? They are on full power all the time and I cannot find the settings in my Bios anywhere??? ( Im not that technical ) .

Running Windows Vista

thms 11:52 04 Jan 09

We will need the make and model of your motherboard. If you already have a manual for your motherboard have a look at bios settings it should tell you where to find the setting you require

Stuartli 11:53 04 Jan 09

You will need to provide the details of your motherboard and the Bios software/firmware provider (Award, AMI etc) first.

kane_2001 11:53 04 Jan 09

Motherboard is a MSI... model number Im not sure of as it was a refurb from PC world and only documentation that came with it was the receipt!

thms 12:19 04 Jan 09

Look for H/W monitor then CPU smart fan target.

Stuartli 13:12 04 Jan 09

Go to System Informtion (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools) and, from System Summary, note the System Manufacturer and System Model details (these are the motherboard manufacturer and the mobo's model number listings).

MarvintheAndroid 14:46 04 Jan 09

You need to set the smart fan target for around 55 - 60 degrees. Also if it is AMD set up the cool and quiet function in BIOS and enable "Minimal Power Management" in windows control panel power setings.

Marv

kane_2001 10:54 05 Jan 09

After reading above posts, I have managed to find that the Manufacturer is Micro-star International and the Model Number is MS-7357

Also Processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo

Stuartli 13:14 05 Jan 09

You can download the manual from here:

click here

Stuartli 13:29 05 Jan 09

MSI offers (or may offer for your mobo) the Live Update feature.

Click on the "How to Use" button to find out how to take the necessary steps - I would print out the instructions before any downloads are undertaken.

Then try entering your motherboard's model number (i.e. MS-7357) into the search field:

click here

or do it via the Manual search if preferred.

Stuartli 13:31 05 Jan 09

I have an MSI KT6V motherboard but have always done the downloads manually - however the link page for new versions of downloads now take you to the Live Update page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced