CPU bottleneck on game

VNAM75 21:01 01 Sep 08

I'm runnning supreme commander on a pc with an amd3800, 2gb ram and x1950pro 512mb gpu which are above the recommended specs.

But when I play the game it is quite slow even when there is only a modest amount of units. I read that with this game it is very reliant on the cpu. And with a powerful graphics card the cpu is the bottleneck.

Is this one of the most resource demanding games and what makes it so cpu rather than gpu intensive? What sort of spec would I need to run the game with maximum units/effects? I'm looking to upgrade the cpu to an E8500 core 2 duo, 3.16ghz - would that be able to handle the game fully with my existing specs unchanged?

MAT ALAN 21:11 01 Sep 08

Try asking the question in our GAMES forum, you will get a better answer from those more qualified..

citadel 22:21 01 Sep 08

you would need a new motherboard for a core 2 duo. you can upgrade your amd cpu as they are cheap now, find out the best cpu you can install from your motherboard manual. for everything at max you would need a whole new top of the range pc with a quad core cpu.

VNAM75 23:11 01 Sep 08

Yes, I will need an intel 775 motherboard for the cpu. I prefer the core 2 E8500 3.16ghz to a quad 2.6ghz though, it performs better in most benchmarks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…