CPU Athlon 2500+ MOBO jetway 663AS ultra pcbR3.2

pokemom 12:48 18 Apr 06

as you can see from the specs i have bought this cpu for this board and i think ive done a booboo and was wonderin if you tech lads could possibly tell me if it is compatible as i have found a compaibility page and it only goes up to 2100+ and im not sure if thats the maximun or if i had to find another page ,also i have a K7S5A mobo with a AMD duron 896 ,and if its no good for that mobo can i put it in the other board ,as i have bought these and dont want to pull apart a working machine to end up with nothing ,if u know what i mean ,thanks again

woodchip 13:33 18 Apr 06

Have you tried downloading and installing Via 4in1 drivers click here

This is your board click here

pokemom 13:45 18 Apr 06

im sorry you have lost me there ! i see from the board that it has a bus of 100 to 166 is that right and it doubles that so i think may be it could be possible to put the chip in but in its own spec and i dont know how to do a click here thing,Here's the link for the CPU compatibility...

click here

and the drivers is that for older systems would that install the chip .im so sorry .i dont quite understand ,i do have limited knowledge ,maybe out it a diffrent way .an i understand

pokemom 13:47 18 Apr 06

oh yea i done it ,yea in that it says it only goes upto 2100+ but im sure someone told me that it would take up to a 2600+ maybe it was the other board?

Stuartli 13:49 18 Apr 06

Further to woodchip's advice, if you do install the Via 4-in-1 drivers, you won't need to go any higher than the 4.43 version as this is an older board.

You can find out more about these drivers at Via's support side:

click here

It's explained here as well as featuring the downloads:

click here

Stuartli 13:53 18 Apr 06

It's quite clear from the CPU support table that the Athlon 2100+ is the limit of the Jetway board's capabilities.

ed-0 13:55 18 Apr 06

You would have to check your bom version, but a 2100+ looks the limit.

Is yours a basic K7S5A? if so then a 2500+ is no good for this click here.

It's a 2500+ barton you are talking about?

ed-0 13:58 18 Apr 06

probably the same jetway site you have checked click here

You may be able to run the 2500+ @ 1.463Ghz

Stuartli 13:59 18 Apr 06

According to Elite's website, the K7S5A (3.1) will support an AMD 2600+:

click here

Stuartli 14:00 18 Apr 06

You will need to check which version of the Elite motherboard you have and use the table to find out the maximum CPU speed it will support.

pokemom 14:00 18 Apr 06

so whats the story ,i didnt get the fist link that you put but the second a bit more ,right so when i put the board together i just put it together and fire it up and you reck on it will be enough to install XP and then get it on line to down load the drivers ???? sorry if i sound a good bit dumb but its the drivers bit i dont get ,surely i know what there for but how can you get them into the machine if it says that the chip and board at that spec are not compatible,i see that it no has no ddr ram as well i suppose thats why the board was only 4.20 ok right what about putting the duron into that jetway board and puting the XP into my K7S5A????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…