Cpu 100% and Lsass.exe

dads3a 08:44 09 May 05

My cpu is running at 100% and I have lssas.exe in the task manager. Ran stinger didn't pick it up and the panda online scan.Pc doing all sorts of strange things at the minute. Put lsass in search box and 3 results came up all windows files.Please help me get rid of this. Many thanks

dads3a 08:46 09 May 05

Sorry running xp home edition with sp2 and all updates

dads3a 08:55 09 May 05

tried nod as well no joy

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:07 09 May 05

Are you sure that you have the correct name as this is a normal windows file....click here

dads3a 09:11 09 May 05

definately Lsass.exe put them in alphabetical

timeteam2004 09:17 09 May 05
  dads3a 09:32 09 May 05

test was clear

dads3a 09:51 09 May 05

looked at the cpu threads have already done the defrag and cleaner

VideoSentry 11:03 09 May 05

I had the same problem , Lsass would kick in after using Premiere Pro or connecting to the net(dial up ), I originally though that it was the isass virus,went mad scanning everything with anything, I also downloaded MS's own checker.
Though non of the checks found anything it has now stopped running at %100 and I have no idea why!
PS I used Spybot Ad Aware MS's own and defragged / cleaned up etc.

dads3a 11:52 09 May 05

done exactly the same as yourself just seems to be everytime I open anything cpu shoots up to 100% or close to it. Pc is only 3 months old so I think I will call in the guarantee see what happens . Thanks to all who have helped so far

gudgulf 12:25 09 May 05

That is normal behaviour.Every time you open a program it needs to load into memory and open the interface so you can use it etc.That happens much faster if it gets the full capability of the cpu applied to opening it.Hence you will see 100% cpu load......cpu usage should quickly fall right back to idle once the program has loaded.If you get 100% usage all the time,even when you have not just opened anything,or are not running any programs that use a high cpu percentage(like an av scan for example)then you may have a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…