CPU 100%

Nelmon2k 17:14 02 Jan 05

3 months ago i built a new computer using a AMD Athelon 64 bit 3000+ processor, crucial memory, a gigabyte motherboard and a seagate 80 gigabyte hard drive. This worked fine until about 4 days ago where the computer started to be jerky. The computer now freezes for small amounts of time when asked to do things such as change msn chat windows. Under task manager and SpeedUpMyPC the CPU is shown as being used 100%. I did one system restore to before the problem occured and that did not solve the problem. I have subsequently tryed to do 2 more system restores and both of them have not been completed successfully. I am currently trying to do more system restores to try and solve the problem at even earlier dates. Does anyone know what this may be caused by? Thanks

topdude 17:52 02 Jan 05

Open windows task manager ( ctrl+alt+delete ) click on performance tab
Should show cpu and memory usage. On my XP system while typing this, CPU 2% PF Usage 175MB.
Click on Processes tab
This shows programs running with CPU and Memory usage.
Again mine shows 30 programs with only System idle process at 99 % all others at 00%
If anything is showing high CPU usage try highlighting it and click the "End Process" button.
Let us know how it goes and we can go on to next step and stop the offending program running.
Good luck.

Nelmon2k 18:20 02 Jan 05

i didn't notice the cpu % usage. It turned out it was spoolsv.exe which is the print spooler. Thanks a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…