.cpt attachment - How do I open it?

Dannyb 09:09 14 Feb 04

I have just received an email from relatives in the USA with a file .cpt and don't know how to open it, nor do I know what it is, although I believe it to be a picture. Can anybody offer any advise. I'm sure I read somewhere a while back of a programme that you can get which will open most types of file - any ideas?

niknax 09:14 14 Feb 04

click here look at the above link, it's a mac file

Gongoozler 09:19 14 Feb 04

cpt is a Corel PhotoPaint picture. You may be able to open it with Irfanview (free from click here), otherwise ask your relative to save the picture as jpg, Corel PhotoPaint can do that). If that's not possible, contact me via the envelope alongside my nickname and I'll give you my email address and then see if I can convert the file for you. My CorelDraw package is version 7, so I can't be sure that I can convert later versions, but I'll be happy to try.

Forum Editor 09:22 14 Feb 04

created by Compact Pro, which was a very popular shareware program for Apple Macs in the 1990's. It's been discontinued now in favour of the 'Stuffit' compression utility for MacOs.

Can you get your relatives to resend the file as a normal jpeg?

Diemmess 09:27 14 Feb 04

The same offer as Gongoozler except that I can convert Corel v. 9 or can try it on a Mac laptop with a variety of Mac's Mysterious Methods.

DieSse 09:28 14 Feb 04

.cpt can be a file from a Mac file compression program, OR it can be from Corel PhotoPaint.

If it's the first - bad luck, i think, unless you've got a Mac!!

If it's Corel PhotoPaint file, this free download claims to be able to read them click here - also click here may be able to, but their list of supported file formats is not available at this moment

Dannyb 09:55 14 Feb 04

Thanks for the help everyone. I've downloaded and tried both irfanview and pictureview as above, but they haven't worked so I will ask the relatives to send it again in a different format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…