c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~1.dll

ana_girl 22:29 26 Nov 05

help! i get the erro loading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~1.dll filepath not found. what is this? how can i remove it? i cant install my dsl with it.i have windows 98. pls help =)

Dan the Doctus 23:09 26 Nov 05

Run this click here and see if it makes any difference.

gudgulf 11:57 27 Nov 05

Try running the "Issues" part of ccleaner click here

Have you recently run any antimalware programs?

It sounds like newdot (which is associated with a toolbar added to internet explorer by malware) has been removed, but there are registry enttries left over looking for the now non existant newdot files/folder.This will cause the error message you get.

The ccleaner issues feature will clean up the registry and should remove the offending items.Remove all that it finds (you can make a backup if you want).It is a good idea to run the cleaner function too which will shift anything left lurking in the temporary files.

Note that it will also clear your cookies so make sure you know all your passwords for websites such as this.

This should get rid of the message.

If you still have problems with internet connectivity or this does not cure the problem post back.

ana_girl 14:10 27 Nov 05

im not really sure.but i researched and that newdot is a spyware.is there any difference? could i just reformat my pc? of upgrade OS? tnx guys =)

VoG II 14:20 27 Nov 05

Untick it in msconfig click here

gudgulf 16:08 27 Nov 05

Spyware+adware = malware.

Newdot is spyware because it sends information about your pc and the websites you browse back to its creators......they will say this is merely so that they can target ads to suit your browsing habits.Often the cause of unwanted popup adverts etc and a risk to you privacy.

Ccleaner will remove the references to newdot from your start up menu and registry so that Windows will no onger be looking for it when you first boot your computer.

A reformat will sort it too.......but is a bit of a drastic step when it is so easily fixed.

The suggestion by VoG™ will stop the message from occurring without the need to fix the registry if the thought of running ccleaner worries you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…