C:\pqcs\program\sc.vxd ????

Noels 15:44 17 Nov 03

This last Saturday I uninstalled "Powerquest Secondchance" and at the same time managed to disconnect myself from Blueyonder Brouadband. After a long phone call to them got reconnected.

However halfway through startup my screen freezes with the following abbeviated message.

Cannot find a device file. Windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device but file no longer exists. If you deleted on purpose try uninstalling the associated application. If you still want to use the application try reinstalling. C:\pqcs\program\sc.vxd.

I tried reinstalling Second chance but it made no difference so uninstalled it again.

Any advice would be welcome. Have tried Scanreg/fix and restore etc but problem still exists. W.98 SE OS
Hoping someone can help. Regards Noels

©®@$? 15:55 17 Nov 03
  Noels 16:01 17 Nov 03

Thanks for that I'm not sure I FULLY understand but will give it a go

Regards Noels

canard 19:33 17 Nov 03

click here
If you're using Win98 this free app will replace missing VXD files from the Win98 installation disc. It is very easy and straightforward to use.

canard 19:33 17 Nov 03

click here
If you're using Win98 this free app will replace missing VXD files from the Win98 installation disc. It is very easy and straightforward to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…