Cpoying cassette tape to cd using PC

Doire_Bhoy 10:53 22 Nov 05

I have old dance msuic cassette tapes that i would like to transfer to c.d. Can i use my pc to do this. I have a DVD Dual layer RW installed.

Thnaks.

Diodorus Siculus 11:39 22 Nov 05

click here - good guide

EJ1947 11:41 22 Nov 05

yes you can. Its a bit fiddly to set up but works fine. You need to run a lead from your hi-fi into the pc sound card input. Make sure the settings in volume control are on. I downloaded a free programme called "wave repair" which copies the cassette as it plays. You then edit for sound quality, track number lists, etc before saving it to the hard drive of your pc. Burn it to cd from there.
If you persevere you can have a cd with individual tracks or one continous track. As I said it is complex the first time but well worth it for future.
Good luck

EJ1947 11:43 22 Nov 05

Wish i'd seen Diodorus Siculus reply before I wrote all that. It looks identical though except for the different software used.

jack 11:59 22 Nov 05

Its all been said before - use the search panel
even these last couple of days
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…