coverting MP3 files to WAV files in Win.Media play

decoratorman 15:31 22 May 03

I use m.player 9 in XP for downloading and burning. I have downloaded some MP3 Files and want to convert them to WAV files.
I know that I should have done this when I saved them to the hard disk when downloading....... er! that is if you can ???
Can I convert them in media player or am I out of look, I have the proramme for Nero Burning Rom 5.1
but again I can't find out how to do it.
Any help out there please ,
thanks
Paul

expertec 15:38 22 May 03

Are you trying to convert them so you can put them on cd? Nero will automatically convert them to cd audio if this what you mean.

Nero can also convert mp3 to wav without burning, in Nero 5.5 this is on the Extras menu, in File Encoding

BigMoFoT 15:42 22 May 03

Why do you want them as WAV files? - MP3's are better quality all round?

I don't think you can go backwards to WAV can you? Anyway if I'm wrong and you know what you're on about, ignore me look for a program called wav to MP3 converter it should do it.

BigMoFoT 15:43 22 May 03

EXPERTEC

BigMoFoT 15:44 22 May 03

expertec

cd-audio files are not wav files

decoratorman 15:53 22 May 03

thanks so far but maybe its me being thick.
I thought that I would have to convert the MP3 files to a WAV file so that when I burn them onto a CD I could play them on any CD player. I can't play the mp3 files even if I burn them onto a CD disk . or can I
thanks
Paul

expertec 16:08 22 May 03

if you burn the mp3s as an audio cd it should play in almost any player,you don't need to convert them to wavs first.

If you burn them as files onto a data cd, you would need an mp3-cd player (like this click here )to listen them.

BigMoFoT: you can convert mp3s to wav, I've done it using Nero.

BigMoFoT 17:41 22 May 03

Cool - didn't know that! Cheers

decoratorman 18:40 22 May 03

I hope ...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…