Coverting to DVD and Burning Software

glen2409 17:33 01 Jun 05

Hi,

I currently use Nero to convert avi,mpg,etc to DVD format and then to burn. I have the latest version but have noticed recently I get a few errors on some files.

Can you recommend any software that will convert and burn to DVD format. I deally want the one bit of software to do both.

Thanks

Joe R 17:36 01 Jun 05

glen2409,

I have found the following software, to be very good at converting any type of video files. (fast too) It won't burn your dvd though, you could always use your copy of Nero for that part.

Joe R 17:37 01 Jun 05

Oops,

click here

glen2409 17:38 01 Jun 05

Thanks for the reply. Will this burn as well?

Joe R 17:49 01 Jun 05

glen2409,

I said no in my last posting, but having looked at the site again, there is a version which will burn.

I've always used Nero to burn after converting, and had no problems whatsoever.

john-232317 20:09 01 Jun 05

I also use various editing software, but always burn with Nero.

stalion 20:53 01 Jun 05

free version of this here also pro version that you can purchase if required click here

glen2409 22:01 01 Jun 05

How do you burn with nero once used winavi or any other editing software. which part of nero?

Thanks

User-312386 22:25 01 Jun 05

Nero express is the easiest if you have it

madPentium 13:08 04 Jun 05

winavi is the noob converting software. It basically has no settings for you to manipulate and can be rubbish when converting say ntsc to pal or vice versa. The audio synch goes well out.
The best software is worth getting used to because you can adjust everything you need to.
Tools I use are.....
Virtual dub, to demux audio/video to convert frame rates properly before converting.
BeSweet, to convert audio to correct length or
Goldwave, using the time warp option
Tmpgenc plus, to convert to mpeg2 format, you can change the aspect ration, boost-reduce brightness, contrast, colour etc, sharpen image, the options are limitless but for pro results its worth getting the hang of it.
Tmpgenc DVD Author to add menus and chapters etc.
Nero express to burn to dvd.

You also need the latest and best codecs installed for any converting.

glen2409 13:17 04 Jun 05

Thanks.

really want a piece of software that will do all the conversion. Can use nero to burn. Nero is ok with some files but get an error sometimes when transcoding

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…