Covert Bitmap Graphics to Vector Graphics

TomJerry 00:18 29 Oct 04

I have some drawing in print and I want to reuse them. I can scan them in, but scaned images are bitmap images which are big and difficult to modify.

Is there any good program which can convert bitmap graphics into reuseable vector graphics which I can edit.

I remember that (a few years back), CorelDraw has a program called CorelTrace which can do this resonably ok, but I have not used CorelDraw for a few years now do not know what becomes that program.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

TomJerry 09:11 29 Oct 04

?

JonnyTub 09:13 29 Oct 04
  ventanas 09:17 29 Oct 04

I've just opened a .gif in PaintShop Pro and resaved it as a .wmf. Is this want you want to do?

ventanas 09:23 29 Oct 04

Sorry, missed the word "reusable."

€dstowe 10:09 29 Oct 04

Irfan View will convert (almost) any graphics file into (almost) any other graphics file. Is this what you want?

click here

Remember to download the plugins as well.

TomJerry 11:28 29 Oct 04

I will go through some tools mentioned there

Gongoozler 12:27 29 Oct 04

Hi TomJerry. I have tried converting bitmaps to editable vector graphics several times but with very limited success. Most vector graphics editors applications usually include a trace utility, and CorelDraw 12 does include CorelTRACE. The problem is that a vector graphics image consists of a number of instructions such as "draw a line this length in this direction and then continue with a line this length in this other direction", whereas a traced bitmap often results in a number of disjointed short lines depending on where the tracer found an edge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…