Coverdisc problem - Canvas 8 (again)

Arktic 00:49 04 Jan 06

Hey,

I bought this month's (feb 2006) DVD edition of the mag, and it came bundled with issue 124's coverdisc free (the magazine and both discs were in a plastic bag, with a sticker on it saying "Exclusive extra CD!", so I didn't know it was an old edition's CD).

Anway, I saw that Canvas 8 was on the disc, and bought it hoping to register it. But, by the looks of things, I can't - neither the link in the installation, or the URL that I've come accross in these forms works. Please don't tell me that the offer has expired! Surely you can't sell a magazine with a CD saying "FREE full version of CANVAS 8" that doesn't acctually let you install a free, full version, can you? Must be some trade descriptions act thing against that, right?

Anyway, if anyone can help me out here, that'd be great, as I'd love to get my hands on the software.

Cheers,
Arktic.

RickyC :-) 09:55 04 Jan 06

Hi Arktic,

The guys at Canvas in the US are looking into this, I contacted them on 27th December to inform them that there have been problems, and have received the following from my contact there:
---------------
Hi

I have been informed by Miami that some of the servers hosting the reg pages have been recieving intermittent service.

They are looking into this.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
---------------

So I would suggest you keep checking the site, and with a little luck the registration page will be back up and running later today.

kind regards

Richard Clooke
CD Editor

stickus 07:08 06 Jan 06

Still not working. The registration page comes up...fill in information..click send..don't receive email reply. All links fron this page go nowhere. Please advise how to get registration key?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…