cover disk with issue 158

peterex 16:50 31 Jul 08

Hi All

Can anyone help I am trying to install Fix-It utilities 7. I have twice registered on line as per the installation instructions with Avanquest but have received no registration code. The online registration has been confirmed. There doesn't appear to be a code in the magazine were do I go now?

bluto1 19:28 31 Jul 08

I've installed the same thing and didn't get a registration code either, but I'm not worried about it. I think that by filling in the form provided that that is your registration.
Did you read the email they sent? that would bear me out.

peterex 20:05 31 Jul 08

Hi Bluto

That doesn't seem to be the answer because during the installation you are asked to input a registration number before you can continue the install.
I registered twice but no number was provided. I even emailed them for the registration but got no reply. I can't find a code in PCAdvisor either.
So exactly how did you get around it?

Regards

Pete

bluto1 23:25 31 Jul 08

Sorry, I had to leave for a while. I've just tried to finish the installation and have got the same results as you. No serial number, no progress without it. Either wait for CD/DVD Editor or phone PCA tomorrow. I'll ring anyway and leave a message.

RickyC :-) 09:50 01 Aug 08

The serial number is not emailed to you, but ratehr appears on the screen in your internet browser after you've submitted your details on the registration page. Follow the link from the cover disc interface, or click here to obtain your serial number.

regards

Richard
Software Editor

peterex 10:06 01 Aug 08

Many thanks Richard

I haven't seen that screen come up before?
I suspect you may get more queries about this registration.

Regards and thanks

Pete

DippyGirl 12:21 01 Aug 08

Looks to have been mixed experience with these utils - might want to read click here

bluto1 13:52 01 Aug 08

I got the magazine out this AM and on the left side of the article at the bottom of Installation
Details you'll find the url to enter in the top address ar in IE. I've just done it and got my reg code.

bluto1 13:53 01 Aug 08

For "ar" read "bar"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…