Cover Disk

dtw 14:46 22 Jan 06

Where can I get the registration number for the Encyclopedia Britannica,? I have emailed the company last week but have not had a reply to my query.
DTW

howard63 20:15 22 Jan 06

just looked at the mag and it appears that you have to register via this site click here have not tried this myself but it may generate the no.

dtw 20:59 22 Jan 06

Tried that that goes to a missing page, still no nearer, hope someone else has the answer. but thank's for the info howard.
DTW

CHAIRLEG 21:46 22 Jan 06

Just tried dvd click on link for online reg with dvd in drive and you will be taken to your reg no

bluto1 23:57 22 Jan 06

dtw,
Similar problem with another "dics programme" so I uninstalled the lot, went up again to where they asked for reg. key and asked for it. Being a slowish sort of guy, I then uninstalled anything that was left, checked e-mail, found reg key, wrote it down and started off again, and when I came to where they wanted the key ,....the rest is history. Sometimes it works.

ventanas 08:44 23 Jan 06

Let the disc autorun. On the section for EB there is a link. Click this and enter your details. The code will be supplied on the same page.

However some of us are having problems with the code. It took me two days to get it to work. Copying and pasting had no effect. In the end I typed in each digit manually, and it worked.

dtw 10:15 23 Jan 06

Wish I could even find the code. tried the CD in autorun and opened every icon I could see,(couldn't find the EB link) but no sign of reg key. Still biteing my nails.
DTW

dtw 20:40 23 Jan 06

Eureka thank's basser, I cxopied and pasted, no problem thank's again mate.

joyniel 16:08 24 Jan 06

No need to answer alraedy here.

RickyC :-) 10:06 25 Jan 06

As you'll see, I've deleted a posting from this thread. The reason I've done this is that we need to ensure readers visit the registration page at click here

Encyclopaedia Britannica (the company which developed the software and agreed to give this away on the cover disc) requires all PC Advisor readers who wish to install and use the Concise 2006 program to register their details on our site. This is essential so that they (and I) can see how popular the promotion has been with our readers.

I appreciate that you were really only trying to help other members by posting the code on this thread, but it's counterproductive for the following reasons:

In order for me to continue to offer free software via the cover discs, I need to be able to show software companies that their applications appeal to our readers.

By ensuring readers register, I can determine what kinds of software are of particular interest to readers. I will be able to see when a program is only registered by a few thousand readers, and so isn't as popular as those which have been registered by in excess of 10,000.

It also allows me to go to the major software developers and use the success of previous covermounts as leverage to get the best exclusive software which hasn't been offered on any of our competitors.

I'm sure you'll have noticed how many different PC magazines there are in the shops, each with free CDs and full software. PC Advisor always offers exclusive software, which won't have been given away on any other magazines. In order to continue doing this, we need to get everyone to register - hope you understand!

Kind regards,

Richard Clooke
Cover Disc Editor

bluto1 22:25 09 Feb 06

To Richard Clooke, CD Editor,
I believe I`m the guilty party whose post you deleted. Please accept my apologies for publishing the key here. I honestly didn`t know
that it would be taboo. Shan`t do it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…