Cover Disc Issue 104 - CD X Rescue

TheGnome 13:29 17 Apr 04

Has anyone had any problems with CD X rescue?
I used it successfully once on a CD containing JPEG and BMP images and then tried it on an audio CD containing .cda tracks, with complete disaster! My computer hung completely, and because I couldn't shut down normally I had to switch it off and back on again to get it working. I tried again and the same thing happened, so I uninstalled, removed the relevant registry entries then re-installed the program and tried again,with the same results Later, when defragging, it told me to run scandisk first to make repairs to the hard drive. I removed CD X Rescue but it's a pity, because it looks like it could be a program worth having if only I can get it to work properly, but perhaps it cannot handle audio files. Incidentally, it wouldn't work with pictures afterwards, and I am reluctant to have another go at it.
Gnome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…