A couple of things I'd like to remove

TommyRed 22:42 07 Sep 03

The first one is when my dial-up box (dialler) appears when I start-up. It takes a couple of clicks to remove it. The second is the MSN messenger box which appears at start-up, both of these never used to until I reformatted. Thanks TR

Peverelli 22:49 07 Sep 03

In Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options and on the General tab (underneath "If my computer is not connected at this time") select "do not connect". Also untick "Send and receive messages at startup".

Searching for a thread which answers the MSN Messenger problem now.

hugh-265156 22:54 07 Sep 03

in messenger click tools/options/preferences and untick the run when windows starts box.

or click start/run and type msconfig and click the start up tab,untick everything except your AV and firewall

Peverelli 22:55 07 Sep 03
  TommyRed 23:19 07 Sep 03

Got rid of the MSN messenger box but the dialler is still there. OS is 98SE. Cheers TR

TommyRed 11:31 08 Sep 03

bump

spikeychris 11:36 08 Sep 03

It will be in your startup folder.

1. Right-click Start, and then click Open.

2. Double-click the Programs folder.

3. Double-click the Startup folder.

If its there drag it to the desktop or another folder.

Chris

Peverelli 11:40 08 Sep 03

In internet explorer, click on Tools > Internet Options > Connections Tab. Under 'Dial up and Virtual Network settings' make sure there's a dot in the radio button next to 'never dial a connection'.

hoverman 11:47 08 Sep 03

have a look at click here
if you decide to remove or disable MS Messenger.

TommyRed 15:12 08 Sep 03

Peverelli, when I check the radio button to 'never dial a connection' it always returns to 'dial my default connection' when I re-boot, I do click apply before ok when I make the change. Any ideas? TR

Peverelli 16:05 08 Sep 03

Hmmm! Something, somewhere is overriding your preferences. Have you checked for spyware using AdAware or Spybot etc. and did you check out spikeychris's suggestion about the startup folder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…