a couple of symbols in the wrong keys?

liloldlady 08:39 AM 29 Aug 11

Hi, I re-installed windows and for some reason the @ sign is above the number 2 button and to get " I have to press the @ key, also my timeclock reads as the american way 8/29/11 how can I change these.....Thanks

mikef. 08:57 AM 29 Aug 11

You're set up with US as default language follow the guide lines here to change to UK http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/change-keyboard-language-in-windows/

lotvic 09:17 AM 29 Aug 11

If you are using Windows XP

Click Start |Settings|Control Panel|Regional and language options|Location (at bottom) Change to UK |

Languages tab, click on Details, if not listed add English United Kingdom keyboard and delete US keyboard

|Apply|OK to close box |click on Apply | OK to close Regional and Language Options box | Reboot pc to remove US language (you can add it back at a later date if you ever wanted to)

liloldlady 10:05 AM 29 Aug 11

Thank you so much both of you for your answer, I run on vista home and have managed to change the time clock as I found English UK....However the @ sign etc. is still on te wrong key???or do I just have to restart??? Thanks VaL

gengiscant 10:26 AM 29 Aug 11

If you haven't already then yes,restart your PC after making the changes to the regional language options.

birdface 10:28 AM 29 Aug 11

If you get to the part with English Uk and English Us on it you have to delete the Us one.

mooly 11:56 AM 29 Aug 11

Use the left hand ALT and SHIFT to toggle between layouts. You probably caught that combination typing...

liloldlady 16:51 PM 30 Aug 11

Thank you all sorted now....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know