Couple of questions! msn & microsoft downloads

gazmix 16:10 06 Dec 09

When watching vid clips via msn homepage, i can watch 2-3 then i get prompted to download the Microsoft Silverlight plugin! Is this because Microsoft don't like me watching their stuff with a Firefox Browser?

also

I have my Windows Updater set to 'Notify me, but don't download and install them'
I haven't heard anything about updates for ages, i mean months & months!
I have this set as before when i had the recomended 'Automatic', it downloaded stuff that had me having to reinstall WindowsXP.

howard64 17:37 06 Dec 09

when I downloaded the silverlight plugin for firefox I found that the time taken for 'buffering' went down considerably.

gazmix 11:25 07 Dec 09

but without it, it won't buffer at all!! as you need it before watching!

Woolwell 11:36 07 Dec 09

There have been updates for Windows XP. I suggets that you don't rely on it notifying you but check from time to time. You should check now. You can choose what to update. It is recommended that the important ones are installed as they mostly relate to security.

gazmix 13:03 07 Dec 09

Do you mean clicking on the default 'Automatic' tab?

When i did this last time, i didn't see a list of options & as soon as i closed Windows down, it started to install updates!

Is there a checklist that i can click on certain updates & where is it?

Woolwell 13:26 07 Dec 09

In Windows XP Click on Start - Help and Support and then choose keep your computer up todate with windows update. Let it run and choose custom install and this will list all available updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017