Couple of questions

Devious Dave 19:19 22 Apr 03

Question 1: my step father has a Time PC with XP home on it and supplied with the PC was a windows XP home recovery disk (CD). If the computer was to go wrong big time and needed a format and clean install could this be done with the recovery disk supplied by time?

Question 2: I need to host a website I have designed for my friend’s company. I already have the domain name and now I need web space and a mailbox. Where do you suggest I go for these things?

Regards David

Hector McLean 19:33 22 Apr 03

I myself had same problem only my comp was from Tiny, who as you know went bust..The disk that came with comp has Limited recovery the hard drive came with a mirrored image installed. When I had to "Fdisk" I was unable to reinstall using the system disk.
It did have the ability to repair the comp on this disk, which I successfully used a couple of times.

BUT if you have to wipe your hard disk you will have problems..I checked with the PC World Service Dept & they sais that THEY have solved this problem on my "Tiny" comp plus others.
I eventuall just bought the XP Home disc as It was far easier than getting it fixed..Try checking with "Time" & see if they can upgrade you to a Proper FULL program disk

spuds 19:35 22 Apr 03

Question 2. Try click here they have a range of packages to choice from.

^wave^ 19:35 22 Apr 03

answer to 1 is yes you can do a recovery

spikeychris 19:38 22 Apr 03

Q.1 yeah you would use the disk. You would however be doing a system restore, this is not the same as a Windows restore as it would take it back to when you left the shop. You would boot from the disk and follow the prompts.

Q.2 there are lots of web space sellers on the net, run a search and choose what you need as all offer individual options.

Devious Dave 19:42 22 Apr 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…