A couple of minor XP start up problems

Nic 18:09 16 Jan 05

When I first start up Windows XP, I get three separate error messages as below:

Windows cannot find c:\windows\system32\mousecntl32.exe. Make sure you type the nme correctly and then try again.

Could not load or run c\windows\system32\mousecntl32.exe specified in the registry. make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

Error loading c:\windows\system32\msa64ck.dll. The specified module could not be found.

Both of these go away when clicking on ok and everything else seems to be fine with the general performance. My question is therefore simply how do I prevent the errors popping up in the first instance?

Any help as always is greatly appreciated.

stalion 18:13 16 Jan 05

do a registry clean up click here

VoG II 18:13 16 Jan 05

Do you have an up to date anti-virus program installed? click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:20 16 Jan 05

click here

it is a trojan TROJ_GEMA.F.

Download cwshredder here-> click here Click the fix button to remove all the coolwebsearch garbage and retry.

Nic 19:37 18 Jan 05

Thanks for the responses guys. In response to your specific questions, I have AVAST running as the anti-virus software and is up to date.

Stalion - with the registry clean up tool, which registry entries am I looking to clear down as there are bound to be some valid lines in there that need to remain.

The CW Shredder did not idenitfy any trojans and therefore the same errors still appear at start up.

Any further advices gratefully received.

Taw® 20:35 18 Jan 05

If you go to Fruit Bat /\0/\ first link it gives manual removal insrtructions.

curlylad 21:11 18 Jan 05

Try a² Free from here click here scroll down to 'a² Free and click one of the 6 links available , either is fine !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…