A couple of Lidl bargains

Stuartli 14:22 09 Sep 09

Many will be aware of what is tagged an audio/video grabber for capturing analogue audio or video in digital form.

The cost is usually around £35 to £40 but from next Monday (September 14th) Lidl is offering this device under its Silvercrest brand name (akin to Medion at Aldi) for just £16.99.

The 2.0 USB device has a video/audio port adaptor, S-Video cable, video cable, USB cable, stereo cinch cable, Scart adaptor and a CD-ROM containing drivers and CyberLink PowerDirector 7 video editing software.

Also going on sale is a reappearance of its premium inkjet photo paper (I find it excellent).

In glossy, fade resistant and waterproof 280gm form, sizes are A4 (50 sheets for £4.49) and 10cmx15cm at £3.99 for 100 sheets).

Quiller. 15:04 09 Sep 09

I like the sound of the first one. Think I will pop in on Monday to check it out.

Thanks.

Stuartli 15:47 09 Sep 09

Bit more info:

click here

Remember that Lidl may not have the offer in some areas next week but the week after.

johnnyrocker 19:52 09 Sep 09

consumerwatch might have been a better place for this?

johnny

cecelia 11:07 10 Sep 09

I have really old Canon UC2000 video recorder which only has two ports Video-yellow & audio-white The Grabber has 4 leads Yellow,white,red & black. May be stupid question but do all leads need to be connected
Im not technical

Stuartli 11:37 10 Sep 09

The leads are used in various combinattions - you could use the yellow (video) and white (usually black) for audio.

If your VCR really is pretty old, then it may well not be capable of stereo sound, hence the single audio lead (mono).

cecelia 12:09 10 Sep 09

Thanks Stuartli. huge Recorder is 12 years old but works perfectly.Should it still convert the film with the 2 leads though because thats the most important. Sorry to sound thick

Stuartli 14:02 10 Sep 09

I don't know. I haven't used such a device although at the price I'm considering buying one.

By the way, the black connection plug on the Audio Grabber appears to be for S-Video (normally with audio jack plugs they are black and red for left and right hand stereo).

DieSse 15:42 10 Sep 09

The yellow will be video out from the cam-corder, and would normally feed to the yellow video-in on a grabber.

The audio will presumably be mono if there's only one cable. You can maybe set the grabber to make two channels out of a single input (often in the software supplied with it. Or you can get a cable which makes two out of one to feed the white into the two audio input connectors. If you took the camera and grabber into a shop that sold cables and bits, they should be able to find such a cable (or an adapter) for you with no trouble.

cecelia 17:24 10 Sep 09

Thank you both. will give it a try.

drewey 23:19 21 Sep 10

absalute rubbish!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…