Couple of annoying probs, msn and volume bar

alexgray104 23:41 12 Nov 06

Hi,

I have a couple of annoying little things on my laptop at the moment, which don't harm it I think and doesn't create a problem, they just niggle me!

The first is that I have had several people sign in to my MSN Messenger 7.5 and now their number of unread emails come up on the welcome screen. I have tried the method of going into control panel and then user accounts etc.. but this was with MSN not Windows Messenger. Their details also weren't remembered, i.e there name is not on the drop-down list. Anyone have any ideas to get their addresses off of my welcome screen?

Lastly, on my desktop I have Media Center Edition, and when I increase the volume I get a volume bar similar to a TV. This laptop (dell) doesn't have this feature, its on XP Home. My old laptop (acer) was XP Home aswell but that did have a volume bar. Anyone know where to get one??

Cheers in advance for your much appreciated help.

Alex :)

alexgray104 23:51 13 Nov 06

anybody???

bof:) 00:59 14 Nov 06

Hi alexgray104, is this any good?

click here

Apart from this I could only find references to Media Center Edition 2005...updates etc.

Mike

bof:) 01:01 14 Nov 06

ps I've also installed IE 7.5 and get the number of emails on my startup. I jusy ignore it and collect my emails as normal.

Mike

alexgray104 16:30 14 Nov 06

Thanks for the reply Bof, I took a screenshot on my MCE pc to show you what I mean, I'd quite like something similar to this on XP Home. Cheers.

Pic click here

bof:) 16:38 14 Nov 06

I see what you mean. I get this on my Acer laptop. Have you looked on the Dell website to see if there's an add on or tried emailing tech help to see if it can be activated?

Mike

alexgray104 17:10 14 Nov 06

Cheers I'll have a look. I also had it on an acer 2200, so I was quite suprised when I bought the more expensive Dell and realised it didn't have one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…