country selection

billbod 16:18 19 Nov 03

Every time i run a nortons fix it comes up with a problem saying "country selection ppct.exe is an invalid registry value".I have tried to delete this but to no avail, any suggestions would be grateful,also in idiot fashion please as not very technical thanks

Diemmess 16:31 19 Nov 03

Are the keys in Word normal, what happens if you try the £ key, or the @ key?

Which version of Windows are you using?

billbod 16:40 19 Nov 03

Ys the keys all work, and im on windows 98 se

Diemmess 16:52 19 Nov 03

OK - first double check in Control Panel both Regional Settings (should show English United Kingdom) and Keyboard settings > language should show "English (British)."

If all this is correct then I would consider uninstalling Norton(?) and then if that cures the trouble, decide whether you think it is worth another installation of Norton (fix it?).

On last point, if you only installed Norton in the last day or two, you can often put things back as they were by using scanreg /restore - That will replace the registry at a date you choose going back up to 5 days ago. If you are not sure how to do that- ask here again.

billbod 17:11 19 Nov 03

Cheers for that i dont really want to un install nortons but thanks for your time and efforts itsappreciated

Clicketyclick 17:32 19 Nov 03

I had all sorts of problems with Norton.
Have now got rid of it, and using McAfee with more success!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…