Counterspy defeated - what now?

ronroam 22:12 26 Apr 05

I'm losing more hair over this than my last two divorces!

My computer is infested with CWS variants in 13 files and 11 registry keys according to Counterspy. I have 'removed' them umpteen times but my browser settings are still altered and directed to weird sites.
In addition to Counterspy I have Adaware, Spybot,Startpageguard, AOL Spyware, CWS Shredder. I cannot use others kindly recommended in this forum because I run 98SE.

What next - ditch software/computer/IE Browser/hair? Any help appreciated.

VoG II 22:20 26 Apr 05

Post a HJT log click here please.

stalion 22:21 26 Apr 05

run cw shredder in safe mode make sure you have the latest version if you still have problems afterwards post a hijack this log
click here

ronroam 22:43 26 Apr 05

VoG Thanks but I cannot download this. I've tried before and Winzip tries to download but can't.According to the site directions it needs its own file but my pc chooses Winzip - CWS at work? :-)

Stalion: I have CWS 2.14 and have run it in safe mode a number of times without success unfortunately.

stalion 22:50 26 Apr 05

are you right clicking on the mouse to download?

ronroam 23:03 26 Apr 05

OK, managed to unzip. My next stupid question - how do I place the HJT log into this posting please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…