Counter for words typewritten

TOPCAT® 16:19 15 May 05

My daughter has to submit essays for her Masters degree of not more than 5,000 words. Is there a 'tool' that will count her input please? The problem is that should she exceed the 5,000 words in the submmitted text, then she will have her marking score reduced.

She has WinXP SP2 and MS Office 2000 on her computer, just in case there's an option there she hasn't found yet. Thanks for any help on this. TC.

powerless 16:21 15 May 05

Word has such a word count feature.

gabriella 16:22 15 May 05

There's a word count on Word via tools. Also thesaurus.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Gabriella x

TOPCAT® 16:33 15 May 05

Many thanks for that - I will pass on the good news to her. :o)) TC.

Diemmess 17:03 15 May 05

The dropdown File Menu has the same thing, via Properties > Statistics, where your daughter can also see when she started a document, and how long she has spent editing the wretched thing.

If she has used a lot of tables there will be a huge number of paragraphs shown, since the paragraph figure climbs by one for each cell of every table

TOPCAT® 17:11 15 May 05

I think I'll impart that information to her AFTER she submits her documents. The poor lass is somewhat stressed out trying to make her submission deadlines at the moment. ;o) TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…