Counter-Strike problems

darkster 17:14 30 Jan 03

Hello, I am desperately trying to play Counter-Strike for the first time! The HL console starts but I keep getting the error; ERROR SERVER VERIFICATION FAILED. I have Half-Life v1.1.0.0 and Counter-Strike 1.5. When I try to update the server lists from within the game they eventually (after about 10mins running through lists) show up servers but I cannot connect to any of them. I have allowed all of Half-Life and associated .exe(s) full access through my firewall by the way.

Black-Artist 18:06 30 Jan 03

I darkster,

This may help, I have always had trouble connecting to server through Half-Lifes server browser, I would recommend you use 'All Seeing Eye' click here The software is a games server browser, when you install it it'll find any games you already have on your HD.

Set it up so it only shows servers for CS and from your country, I always find Jolt.co.uk servers fast.

On a side note a few weeks back I was receiving the same 'Server Verification Error' so it may just be the servers your are trying to connect to.

Hope that helps if it doesn't post back here.

t00ny 18:15 30 Jan 03

your pc and the master servers are not commnicating properly.
click here if u go to that website, half way down the page is some solutions to try.
Your firewall is one fo those that they recommand taking off as this could be the problem even though u let it through
hope thats helps

toony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…