Counter Strike and Graphic card

Vi3t 23:52 29 Mar 06

I have got an Dell Dimension 1100 (the one advertise on tv for about £300)
Here my exact computer
click here

Only changes i did to the computer was add a 512mb ddr ram

i recently brought counter strike source, installed and everything but cant really play it cus of my graphics card (intel extreme graphics). i no i need to get a new one and found some on amazon, the one i am particualy look at is the XFX GeForce FX5200 256MB. my big concern is wheather it would work, i really dont like the hassel of buying it and returning it. After cruising around the internet a little more (crucial.com) i discovered that i should no wheather my computer can accept graphic card upgrades and what type (agp or pci express)

I just really want a graphic card to play counter strike

sums it all up on what i need
Does my computer accept graphic upgrade
what type do i need (avp or pci express)
Or would the one from amazon (XFX GeForce FX5200 256MB PCI Graphics Card with DVI & TV-Out) work
or suggest a decent graphic card (price is a factor)

it would be great if anyone that has the same computer as me and give me some advice from experience

hzhzhz 00:23 30 Mar 06

does it have an agp slot, if not click here might help.

Vi3t 00:51 30 Mar 06

Ive got the same problem as the other guy in the other article had. Looks like we have the same pc but not exact

mine
DimensionTM 1100
Intel® Celeron® D Processor 325 (2.53GHz, 533FSB, 256k cache)

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition

512MB DDR RAM

15" Analogue Flat Panel Monitor (15.0" v.i.s)

80GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM)

His
DimensionTM 1100
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor (2.80GHz, 533FSB, 1MB cache)

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition

512MB DDR RAM

Integrated 10/100 NIC

80GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM

Think the little difference between our pc would make any big difference?

If not i would be happy to try what the other guy did to his problem as it worked for him.

wky 10:42 30 Mar 06

yeah that graphics card from amazon should work if you have an agp slot. I play counter strike with a radeon 9200 and it runs so smooth...but I do have a gig of ram.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…